With the holidays officially here, and stuffing and cookies abound, we figured now was a good time for a smoothie round up. Even if you end up eating cookie dough with your little sister in the kitchen on Christmas Eve, if you start the day with a fruit and superfood-filled breakfast, you’ll still feel and look your best. Our tip: prep it the night before you’ll have no excuse. Just fill a cup up with all of the chopped ingredients, minus the liquid, and store in your fridge until morning. You can thank us later.
So without further ado, here are four of our favorite smoothie recipes, inspired by the Berry Smoothie recipe we shared on Feast it Forward’s The Table conscious-living web-series this week. Make sure to check out the full episode on the Feast it Forward Network:
The Table's Berry Smoothie
- 1 bottle of Harmless Harvest Coconut Water for extra hydration
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Sun Potion Tocos for skin health
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
Toss all ingredients into a vitamix, serve, and enjoy!
Watch the full video for this episode of The Table on The Feast It Forward Network. Click here.
- 1 cup homemade coconut mylk (recipe here)
- 1 cup pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 orange
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1-2 dates (depending on how sweet you like your smoothies)
- Coconut water ice cubes
Freeze your coconut water ice cubes the night before. Silicon ice cube trays with steel edging are the best, so they’re super easy to get out but won’t drip. We also use these trays to freeze any extra leftover smoothie. You can toss them in your next smoothie, or if you have a kid around, you can defrost them for an easy breakfast.
Throw all the ingredients into your Vitamix or whatever blender you have. Blend on high, and enjoy!
Jenna Levine's Cup of Life Smoothie
- 1 cup of Cashew Nut Milk (ingredients and process here)
- 1 mango
- 1/2 papaya
- 1 cup of frozen fruit – Health Berry Blend (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 3 tbsp (1 per serving) BrainOn E3 Live – Liquid Blue green algae
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 3 tbsp (1 per person) Spirulina aka “Spiritulina”
- 3 tbsp (1 per person) gelatinized Maca
- 3 tbsp (1 per person) Moringa leaf powder
- 3 tbsp (1 per person) Chlorella Powder
- 3 tbsp (1 per person) shelled raw hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp (1 per person) raw cacao nibs
- 1 knob of raw ginger
Remove skin from mango. Add to vitamix or blender. Cut papaya in half, remove seeds and skin – cut and add to vitamix. Add frozen fruit mix. Add coconut water. “This is when things get freaky” says Jenna. Add Blue Green Algae (E3 Live), add Spirulina, add Maca, add Moringa leaf powder, add Chlorella powder, add hemp seeds, add raw cacao nibs, add raw ginger. Blend until smooth. Add more coconut water or pure, filtered water as needed. Pour into three cups & enjoy with friends!
- 1 bottle Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- 1 cup organic frozen mango chunks
- ½ coconut yogurt
- ¼ shredded coconut + extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon whole flaxseeds
- Coconut water ice cubes
The night before, pour coconut water into ice cube trays. In the morning, add the ingredients to your blender. Blend on high until the flax seeds have broken down. Pour into your favorite glasses and sprinkle shredded coconut on top. Enjoy!
Special thanks to Feast it Forward!
Director of Photography: Tara Sgroli
Edited by Raphael Jimenez
Produced by Debi Gollan
Executive Producer: Jakki Leonardini
SHOP THE MOMENT