As we begrudgingly accept that summer is coming to an end, we still have one big ‘to-do’ on our summer bucket list: Lychees. They are so cool and tasty looking, but we’ve never cooked anything with them because frankly, we didn’t know how to! That’s changing today with this Lychee Rose Beauty Elixir,
This is undoubtedly the most beautiful thing you will drink all summer. But it’s not all looks because it will actually make your skin glow too. It’s got one of our favorite beauty foods in it- a big scoop of collagen. It’s a recipe from our favorite west coast Recipe Developer, Rezel Kealoha. She made us that amazing Cardamom Hot Chocolate recipe last winter that we couldn’t get enough of, and is back at it again to recommend a really lovely iced elixir to celebrate the end of summer realness.
Rezel says, “I love putting together flavors that compliment each other well, especially in drinks. The lychee gives it a touch of sweetness and steeped rose buds lend a sweet floral note that is not over powering to the lychee. When you drink it you will taste the lychee first and then the rose flavor will linger on the tongue wanting you to sip more.” Here’s how to make it:
Lychee Rose Beauty Elixir
- 6 Fresh Lychees
- 1 Tablespoon Rose Buds + more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Rose Syrup (sub maple syrup or omit for no added sugar)
- 1 Scoop Collagen
- 6 Fresh Raspberries + more for garnish
- Crushed Ice
1. Peal the lychees and steep the flesh and skin with 1 tablespoon rose buds and 1 tablespoon rose syrup (replace with maple syrup or omit for no added sugar) on low heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool completely to infuse the flavors completely.
2. Strain the tea with 6 raspberries in a blender and blend until combined. The raspberries give it that natural blush color. Strain again and add back to blender and pulse in 1 scoop of collagen.
3. Fill three 8oz glasses with ice and pour in the lychee rose elixir.
Special thanks to Rezel!
Photo by Rezel Kealoha