We run a weekly takeover series called #momentofbeauty on our Instagram stories in which real women in wellness share their morning routines. This week we profiled Minna Lee: Brooklyn-based Nutrition Coach, Personal Trainer, Wellness Blogger, and Founder of Live 24K. You can read our full interview with Minna when she just launched her new company here.
Minna's Morning Beauty Routine
- Wake up at 4:45, brush teeth with a fluoride and SLS free toothpaste like Dr. Bronners or Jason.
- Wash your face with the bioClarity three-step skincare regime to manage acne. Double cleanse with One Love Organics Vitamin B Cleansing Oil when needed. Moisturize with 100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream and Kari Gran Lip Whip in Rosie Gold to complete the look.
- Take dandelion tea to go and meet up with morning training clients.
- Back home and time for some SMR: Self Myofascial Release. It improves mobility, maintains soft tissue health, stimulates the nervous system, and boosts the lymphatic system.
- Next up, morning superfood latte! Use a high-quality, bright-green matcha like Matchaeologist and 1/2-1 teaspoon of Ashwaganda (an adaptogen that helps your body adopt to outside stressors). It helps you manage stress and maintain low cortisol levels (the stress hormone). Now a little Mowellens CBD for daily anxiety management or CW Hemp to help you sleep if you’re making it at night. Next the magic ingredient, Golden Fuel from Live24k to lessen inflammation. More turmeric recipe ideas here 🙂 The key to these types of anti-inflammatory foods is consistency. It’s not a quick fix. Top it off with Oatly Oat Milk.
- Shower time! Traditional beauty contributes to endocrine disruption and adult acne so Minna chooses natural and non-toxic alternatives while steering clear of a lot of essential oils and coconut oils (as it irritates her acne-prone skin). She starts with Seed Phytonutrients or Innersense for shampoo and conditioner. She uses the One Love Organics Cleansing Sponge in the shower too.
- After a night shower, apply One Love Organics Eye Balm instead of the aforementioned 100% Pure one.
- For an extra glowy boost, rotate between bioClariy Clarifying Mask to purify pores, One Love Organics Love + Charcoal Mask to brighten, and Tata Harper Clarifying Mask for something a little more heavy duty.
- Always apply sunscreen! Biossance doesn’t clog the pores.
- For deodorant, Vapour Beauty Aer is divine.
- For makeup, 100% Pure Foundation or Sappho from Detox Market is the best. Finish with 100% Pure Eyebrow Gel, Zuzu Lux Liquid Eyeliner, W3ll People Mascara (it stay on all day!) and 100% Pure Lipstick. 100% Pure is such a mainstay!
- The Berkey filter detoxes water and gets rid of endocrine disrupting fluoride. Pour into your glass tumbler and you’re ready to go!
Special thanks to Minna!
Photo by Sophie Sahara
SHOP THE MOMENTMinna's Beauty Routine