We run a weekly takeover series called #momentofbeauty on our Instagram stories in which real women in wellness share their morning routines. This week we profiled Sandra Lanshin: Brooklyn-based Acupuncturist, Herbalist, Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, and Founder of Treatment by Lanshin. She’s also a gua sha goddess.
Sandra's Morning Beauty Routine
- Elimination is key (you know the kind), clear out that colon.
- Replenish with water! Hydration is the fountain of youth. Lemon or lime water helps your body absorb the water even better. Add a little sea salt too.
- Rinse your face with water in the morning and pat dry.
- Spray Josh Rosebrook’s Hydrating Accelerator then apply a light layer of Lotus Moon Skincare Wild Blueberry Facial Exfoliant. Acids have their place in skincare when your pores are a little bit clogged! Hop in the shower and let the steam activate the acid exfoliant. (This works for clay masks too).
- Pull out the Hydrating Accelerator again and mist generously and press it into the skin. It makes a huge difference.
- Next up, oil. Repair sun damaged skin with Seabuck Thorn oil by Myhavtorn. Warm it up in your palms before applying and work it in well.
- Tea break with Sugimoto America Sen Cha Green Tea.
- Relieve stress in the neck and jaw- it’s not great for you face. If you aren’t schooled in acupuncture like Sandra, try using a gua sha tool instead to rewire your tension patterns.
- For gua sha, use a spray and work it into the skin. Add a small drop of oil on the face and neck. Sandra recommends her tool, The Empress. It’s the Swiss army knife of gua sha tools! You can join the waitlist to get one here or get one of her other hand crafted gua shas to tide you over.
- All the gua sha secrets can be found here.
- Finish off with Marie Veronique’s Tinted Sunscreen for a little protection before you go outside. Don’t rub it in too hard or it will pill due to the zinc oxide. Zhuj the hair and you’re out the door!
Special thanks to Sandra!
Photo via Treatment by Lanshin
SHOP THE MOMENTSandra's Morning Routine