Yes! Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year- The Autumn Equinox. It sounds weird to love it so much, but there’s just something so nice about the fall, when the air is crisp and the farmer’s markets are bountiful. The Equinox is the official start of fall, when there are equal amounts of lightness and darkness in the day. It’s a time of grounded-ness, giving thanks, and treating yourself tenderly in preparation of the colder weather. As the seasons change, so do our bodies and our skin- so we’re revamping our routines and rituals. Here are our top ten ideas for celebrating along with us tomorrow:
- If you’re in NYC, attend the Autumn Equinox Salon at Space by Mama Medicine. Sound baths, crystals, and sharing circles are in store. Sign up fast because there are only a few spots left!
- Pick up some fall-scented goodies at Osmia Organics‘ big equinox sale on Monday. The Pumpkin Facial Soap is a must… for obvious reasons!
- Indulge in the fall bounty- We’re talking apples, squash, beets, brussels sprouts, carrots, and blackberries. Make day of it by picking out fresh produce from your farmers market. I’m a big fan of this stuffed sweet potato dish for any meal.
- Perform a grounding ritual: Light some Palo Santo, wrap your hands around some Smoky Quartz or Jasper crystals, and chill out to some easy listening tunes. I’ve got a special playlist for you on our Spotify.
- Learn why we’re celebrating! This article explains everything. Did you know that it’s actually a Pagan holiday called Mabon? More on that here.
- Take a walk outside; the leaves are changing and the humidity is lifting. This is your time to reconnect with nature. Take in the changing sounds and smells of your environment- it’s like a walking meditation.
- Rethink your skincare routine- opt for thicker creams to moisturize like this Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream, and nourishing weekly face masks like this Calendula and Lycopene one from Little Barn Apothecary.
- Prep you immune system. Visit farmers market and grab a jar of local honey to fend off seasonal allergies. Start upping your ginger and turmeric intake too. There are dozens of recipes but we like this one.
- Journal your heart out. Times they are a changing and this is the best time to go inwards and do some deep self work.
- Host a gathering. Why do it alone when you can connect around a circle of your closest friends and celebrate together?
Photo via Pinterest
SHOP THE MOMENTAutumn Equinox Beauty